View sunrise and sunset times in any location and on any day
- The longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere occurs at the Summer Solstice.
- On the same day, at the same time, in the Southern Hemisphere, the Winter Solstice brings with it the longest night of the year.
- Equinoxes, when day and night are equal, follow the same rule. They occur on the same day and at the same time but in opposite seasons.
- The Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere is mirrored by the Autumn/Fall Equinox in the Southern one and the other way round.
- Research historical equinox and solstice dates.
- View a different way of representing the Earth's journey round the Sun
Clocks and Time Tools
Our creative collection
Find a city or time zone